Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Star Wars skirt

 Hey, Nerf Herders, look what I found! Stars Wars pillow cases. For one euro each. Being a sucker for pillow cases, I bought them, and decided to turn them into skirts.
 Pillow case skirts are very easy to make. You just use a seam ripper to open up the side seams, to create a big rectangle. Then you made a tube of fabric the same length as your pillowcase, sew that to the pillow case, sew up the side (leaving a gap in the waist band) and feed elastic through. I cheated a little and used stretchy material for the waist band.
 I love this skirt. I even managed to add a little pocket in the side seam, made of umbrella material (yay recycling). 
 It was a little difficult to attach the waistband to the skirt. I had to stretch the waistband out as I sewed, so I had to go slowly.
 Actually, does this skirt look better against gold or black? 
This skirt is too big for me (it's an M/L), so I will be selling it, probably on Etsy or at Malta Comic Con in December.
There will be another skirt on the way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment