The spats are done!These were much easier than I anticipated. I traced them from the gaiters I made for Ling.
The spats have two layers: the outer layer, made of white satin, and the lining, made of furnishing fabric, to make the spats stiffer.
They were sewn, right sides together, and turned right way out. Then I topstitched everything, and added a placket. I don't know if this is the proper way to do a placket, but I made a tube of fabric, then topstitched it on all sides, then sewed it on to the side of the spats. The buttons are from an old shirt.
These were fiddly to make, but look brilliant.