I've wanted to make this dress for quite a while. Daenerys is one of my favourtie characters from both "A Song of Ice and Fire" and "Game of Thrones" (even if both occasionally grate at me. Like the awkward awful dialogue written for Tyene in Season 5. Or the stupid change to Dany and Drogo's wedding night. Urgh).
The costume is beautiful but also practical and modest.
It looks simple but is actually quite detailed and complicated. Dany has many costumes featuring dragonscale smocking, which is beautifully explained here http://michellephan.com/new-tutorial-daenerys-from-game-of-thrones/
This dress also has some beadwork and a net applique decoration.
Firstly I removed the beads and embroidery until I was left with a plain pair of linen trousers.
I took the trousers apart and cut out a new pattern, using a Burdastyle pattern.
I'm pleased with these trousers. They have a lapped zip and front pockets
I wish I'd had a pattern to use. I tried to make my own pattern by altering an existing one, and it didn't work as well as I thought it would. Simplicty and McCalls both have useful patterns; Simplicity has a pattern which is almost a replica of Dany's gown (Pattern 1246). Andrea Schewe, the pattern designer, wrote about it http://www.andreaschewedesign.com/blog/all-about-pattern-1246-tv-fantasy
It took a while to get the pattern to look exactly how I wanted it too, and my lack of expertise shows in the finished dress