Sunday, January 2, 2022

Black and White Stripes: Part 2

 I made a few alterations to my striped dress. I added an extra panel to the back bodice, and added shirring. This shirring is quite basic: I didn't want to use elastic thread or make casings, so I just stretched out elastic and sewed it on with a zigzag stitch. It's not as neat as the other methods, but when the elastic wears out, it will be much easier to replace. I had to adjust the skirt and remove some of the gathers in order for the skirt and back panel to be the same size.

There's also lace sewn to the neckline and the black ruffles.

I added a belt. This is made from scrap material. The front is interfaced, and the back is just a single layer of fabric with hemmed edges. There's a little bit of black lace in there too. It ties at the back.


Made a little bow to go with my dress. I used scraps and some interfacing. There's a safety pin sewn on to the back.






No comments:

Post a Comment