Monday, August 2, 2010

Violet Baudelaire costume continued

The boots are finished at last. I'm working on the bodice as I type (not literally . . . :P ). I made some laterations to it. I think I will have to line it to make it stiffer: I'll pick up some red lining material when I go to get the sheer black/charcoal fabric for the overskirt, skirt decoration and bodice stripes-and the velvet ribbon for the front panels. And a million and one grommets, plus a few hook and eye fastenings, and a multidude of black and purple ribbons for various fastenings.
I wish the sewing machine hadn't broken at such as inconvenient time: the needle snapped when I was sewing a brush holder, and the replacement needles isn't working out very well. I was consdiering getting a new sewing machine and perhaps a serger, and now it seems that I shall have to. Hopefully Lidly will get a few in stock, otherwise I'll use someone else's machine or handsew (hope I won't have to!)
I need to stop browsing The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes : I want to make almost all the costumes there-but I will restrain myself! Though my follow-ups to the Violet costume will probably be Arwen's Blood Red gown, Dorothy's costume from The WIzard of Oz, and Neytiri from Avatar, not necessarily in that order though.

No comments:

Post a Comment