I found a really good tutorial on making a pre-tied Ascot on Deviantart. It was quick and easy to make. I used some polyester taffeta that I found in my fabric collection, and added snaps to the back.
The skirt still isn't finished, but all the details are done. I decided to use a gathered skirt pattern for simplicity's sake. The skirt is basically a long rectangle with strips of bias tape sewn to it. I made all the bias tape myself: the red took a while to make because the satin wouldn't lie properly, even after I ironed it and ironed it.
The red is stretch satin, and the green is apparently silk. I bought it at a charity shop, and i'm not convinced that it's actually silk, but it does look pretty.
I'm not crazy about the pockets. They seem a little small, and not well placed, but I'm not remaking them. The gold in just a strip of satin.
There's a petticoat under the skirt on the form, just to see what it looks like.
The buttons are also finished. They were quite easy: normal buttons covered with red satin material.