Been a while since I last posted, due to exams. Back now with a different project from my usual. This time, I'm making menswear.
I'm making a waistcoat for icantseeyourtoes; something Cecil Palmer inspired. I'm using Burda's Jason pattern; unfortunately I haven't got the instructions, so I'm having to make things up as as I go along. One of the trickiest parts of this waistcoat is making the welt pockets. I tried making two piece welt pockets before, and they looked terrible. I want this waistcoat to look great, so I decided to ssimplify things. Firstly I'm only making two pockets, not four. Secondly, instead of making double welts, I'm using Ikat Bag's Single Welt Pocket tutorial . I tried it out using some scrap fabric.I managed to make a welt pocket! I am really pleased with how this turned out. I used awful yellow and blue thread but the pocket still looks good. The pocket isn't very deep, so I'm thinking of adding internal patch pockets (secret pockets!) but that might ruin the line of the waistcoat.