Friday, November 6, 2015

Malta Comic Con Photoshoot: Juliet and Fionna

Long time no update, but vet school has been taking up a lot of my time. Coupled with the fact that I don't have a sewing machine at the moment, that means I don;t have much to write about. However, I recently was able to go back to Malta. Fortunately Malta Comic Con organised a photoshoot to promote the 2015 convention, so I brought a couple of costumes along.

The first costume to get photos was Sakizou's Juliet.
Model: MalteseLizzieMcGee Cosplay
Photographer: Photography by Sven Farrugia https://www.facebook.com/Photography-by-Sven-Farrugia-125137150837920/?fref=ts  

The photos were taken at Magazino Hall on the Waterfront. Part of the building will be used to house the convention, but we used the more run down part of the building for the shoot. I wore the worst shoes for this type of building: very uncomfortable white heels that made walking difficult and even a bit painful. That's what you get for wearing badly fitting shoes.



 I changed quickly into my Fionna costume. Luckily I wore the same wig for both costumes, which saved time. 
Cosplayer: MalteseLizzieMcGee cosplay
Photographer: JD Media https://www.facebook.com/jdmediamalta/?fref=ts

I've had this rusty old sword in my wardrobe for a long time, and thought it would be perfect for Fionna.

My dress did get a couple of marks from dust and dirt. Hopefully those will wash out! You can see the uncomfortable shoes in this photo: I bought them for Madokami (that project isn't progressing any time soon :( ) but they are too big and mega uncomfortable: I stuffed the toes with tissue paper to try to make them fit, and now they are even more uncomfortable.





No comments:

Post a Comment