Thursday, August 16, 2018

A dress made from curtains


I was invited to a small photoshoot, and needed a white dress to wear. I didn't want to buy one, and I need to use up my fabric stash . . .so to kill two birds with one stone, I made a white dress using cloth that I already had. This dress is made from old curtains and old sheets. The bodice and lining are made from white cotton. There's a poly-organza overlay on the bodice that came from an old curtain. The skirt is made from a very thin white cotton that was originally a curtain. I was trying to make a gothic style dress, but I think it might need more embellishments.
If I make a similar dress in the future, I'll make sure that the bodice fits me better. It was slightly too large, so that straps and back gaped a little. I'd also like to make the seams at the neckline neater; I think I need a facing for this style. I am quite happy with the gathered skirt though, and I like how it looks with the belt on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment