Tuesday, March 30, 2021

New 52 Harley Quinn

It seems that I also forgot to upload the process of making New 52 Harley Quinn. 
I think that I made this in 2016 and wore it to Mondocon 2016.   
This project was partly an effort to use up extra fabric that I made. I used a sparkly red material that I used for Gazelle's costume, and a black vinyl. 
I used a Burdastyle bustier and hot-pants pattern to make this costume. 
The applique was a little tricky, and this vinyl is a bit annoying to sew: especially when top-stitching. I bought a teflon foot but unfortunatley it isn't compatible with my machine. I get around this by laying tissue paper over the shiny vinyl while I sew.
The bustier looks good, and I like the clean lines, but if I ever remade it, it would be longer. I don't think the cropped appearance suits me.
This is what the finished costume looks like. I don't have any nice photo unfortunately. I wore a labcoat over this because it was a chilly day. I also wore my Suicide Squad wig. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment