Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Quick and Easy Harley Quinn Costume

I was looking through my old harley Quinn costumes:


 And i realised that I forgot to write about this one


I put this costume together very quickly for Halloween, even though we couldn't go out to celebrate. I even dyed my hair for fun (the vet on shift was very nice and said she liked my hair). 
This costume is inspired by one of the character designs from Injustice.
I took the elements that I liked (belt, crop top, trousers) and based my costume on those. 

This is a simple costume. The only thing I needed was fabric paint (I used acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium). I had a white crop top, and drew on the design with pencil. I then used a small brush to paint in the design. It's better to go slowly, filling in the edges carefully. 

The trousers started like as a pair of red slacks. I pinned and sewed them to make the legs tighter. I also slathered them in paint. I painted on the diamond designs, and also added paint to the red leg for more texture. 

The trousers are very stiff as a result, but do have a nice texture. They also have pockets!

My flatmate's dog offered to be Bruce the Hyena <3

The rest of the costume is things that I already had, such as the boots, studded belt, and jewellery. 


I had already bleached and toned my hair, and it was easy to dye the ends. I diluted blue and pink dye with a lot of white conditioner, then applied to the ends of the ponytails. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment