Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bust sewing machine and cowl question

I have succeeded in busting my sewing machine for the second time. Maybe twoel material just doesn't agree with it (that said, I sewed a whole robe made of towles without problems, so I'm not sure). I can borrow a machine luckily. Still need to fix the darn thing. MICA held another photoshoot at Sliema, near Tigne Point. I now have some stunning shots of my LAdy Gaga 'Wonder woman' Telephone costume. Looks cool. I'm not Lady gaga's biggest fan, though I like her style, but somehow I've been persuased to do a skit in Gaga costume: Harley Quinn/Joker's "Bad Romance", with a special guest appearance by Lady Gaga herself. Fun. And because I just LOVE making more work for myself, I'm going to make a new costume. I think she wore this or similar for the "Bad Romance" video. I found a brlliant tutorial here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Lady-Gaga-Body-Suits/#step1 I keep forgetting that with some costumes I don't need to buy a pattern: I can trace my clothing. Now all I need is a ton of lycra/jersey. And to figure out how to make that hood of hers: it looks like an infinity scarf sewed on to a big hood. I think the belt is just black elastic. EDIT: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/hooded-scarf-like-lady-gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment