Friday, October 14, 2011

Star Dress

You might remember my black and white style inspiration post a while back. I actually finishe the star print dress in September. I've just taken a long time to upload it. 

Construction: The dress is made from poly cotton pillow cases. I bought four or so, and used two, I think. The dress is lined with white cotton (except on the two panels where I ran out of fabric. I used satin there). The bodice pattern came from one of my Burda style magazines. The skirt is a simple half circle skirt. The dress is fastened with an invisible zip up the back. The arm holes and the neckline are embellished with black piping. The centre panel is gathered slightly at the

This was not an expensive project. The zip was taken from an old dress. The pillowcases cost 1 Euro each. The lining material was not very expensive. The black piping was relatively cheap, though I used much more than I anticpated. Actually, piping is quite annoying to sew in, especially in the armhole area

No comments:

Post a Comment