Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Arwen Update

Draping the neckline
The sleeves and neckline of the blood red dress are painted. The neckline has been handsewn to the dress.

Why does blogger always rotate my images?

Sleeve detail. This is the part of the sleeve that wraps around the elbow.
This material is plain red cotton, painted with acrylic and fabric paint, with details in permanent marker.


I also found time to make a new sketchbook. I sometimes recycle the scraps of paper I have lying around by binding them into a book. It involves sewing them together with dental floss, lots of glue, and decorating them. Decorating is one of the best parts of the process. I've been reading A Song of Ice and FIre, and decided to do a Stark themed cover.
The paper is an old painting from my A'levels. THe material on the spine is cotton, painted with acrylic to match the dire wolf's head. I'm considering offering custom sketchbooks/notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment