Sunday, July 15, 2012

Embroidery complete

The painted embroidery on Rapunzel's skirt is finally finished! 
 The sleeves are now sewn on to the bodice, and all the piping and lace are sewn in. 
I messed up the piping on the back, though. Oh well. This picture also shows you the lace on the back: I'm amazed that I had enough lace. I had enough lace to cover the top and bottom of the bodice because I cut the lace in half width-ways.


  1. I am really impressed by your painting! It looks spot on to the movie. I'm excited to see the finished dress!

    1. Thank you. I'm glad it looks accurate: I spent a long time going over reference material and making templates, so I'm glad my work has paid off.
      I will post some quick pictures of the finished dress, but I want to try and get some good pictures of it. That might take a while, so the costume is a little bit heavy to wear in the hot humid summer.