Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Sewing Projects

Long time no see, eh?
Vet school means very little time for sewing and cosplay, but I did manage a few projects during the Easter holidays.

T-shirt reconstruction:

I altered my Deadpool shirt fron Qwertee, following an old Threadbanger tutorial that Corinne did years ago. 


I followed another one of Corinne's t-shirt reconstruction tutorials and altered this goat t-shirt: it was an XL before.
 I also altered these black t-shirts to give them a cold-shoulder design. I made patches based on the sigils from Game of Thrones, and sewed those on for decoration. 

I made a little waist pouch for days when I want to wear leggings or skirts without pockets. The pouch is made from fake suede (originally part of a curtain) and closes with a zip. There's a plastic buckle at the back, and I used webbing for the belt. 


 Finally, I altered a tartan shirt dress that I had. It was a bit tight and I didn't wear it that often. I cut it apart and made a new bodice, using a bit of black spandex to make extra bodice panels to improve the fit. 

 The original dress had a nicely flared skirt, which I kept, but I added pockets, and some black lace to the hem. The lace originally came from an old shrug: I had picked all the lace trim off to use for another project. I used up all of the lace, and had just enough for the hem.

 I used grommet tape for the straps (this is the last of the grommet tape that I used to make my Violet Baudelaire costume!) and an old curtain ring for the back of the dress.






No comments:

Post a Comment